As the summer gets closer we prepare for our Summer vacations. Whether its taking a family vacation or sending the kids away to camp. I used to go to camp for 2 weeks every summer at the YMCA camp in Canada. Every camp I gained something to make myself a better person. I still remember the names of the kids in my cabins and all the amazing friendships that were formed at Summer Camps. I still have flashbacks of those early morning polar bear dips in the lake, canoeing around the lake and setting up our camp, going on nature hikes and also the night talent shows in the dining hall… I LOVE AIR GUITAR!!! I am still in contact with some of the people that I spent my summers with at camp.
Fast forward 25 years and now I am in Japan putting on camps for kids and giving them the same experiences that I got to experience as a kid. The look of pure excitement and joy motivates me to keep going. I am always amazed at seeing kids come from all over and instantly forming friendships within minutes. Some kids come alone and some kids come with friends, but always the kids are not hesitating to speak and learning about their new friends from the beginning of camp. As we approach the new summer camp season I am getting excited to experience…
1) The kids experiencing new things each day away from home and coming back a more confident person.
2) The kids becoming more independent and willing to try new things without any fear.
3) The bonding between friends and newly formed friends and seeing them meet again at a camp to rekindle that spark.
4) Kids being able to let go of technology and go back the basics of outdoor play and not wanting to come back inside until its dark.
5) Their feeling of accomplishment when they overcome a new challenge. It really lifts everyone`s spirits, campers and camp counsellors
Our camps are a great way for the kids to hit the reset button and recharge their inner child batteries. At our camps we provide a natural English environment which is great for the kids to be exposed to. Whether they are beginners to English or completely fluent, we have programs that cater to all levels. We hope you can join us this Summer as we will be hitting the road to Otari, Nagano and Kimitsu, Chiba. Lets make this summer the best one yet.
Have a great day!
Craig “ILO” Irish